Free two-day conference on game composition and sound art at MIGW 2021
And it’s full of big names!
A free two-day conference on game composition and sound art was announced as part of Melbourne International Games Week 2021.
“High Score: Composition and Sound Art for Gaming” will be hosted by APRA AMCOS and will take place online on October 2-3. Those interested should allow time from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. AEST on both days and can register here to participate.
The big names attached to the conference are:
- Melbourne developers Beethoven & Dinosaur (The artistic escape)
- Queensland composer Pike perch hulme (In the wind)
- Tasmanian composer Adam Scott-McGuinness and creative director Pierre Alisha (Where the snow settles)
- that of Melbourne Game studios
- California-based composer and sound designer Julie buchanan
- Jordan Menton (Monster Train)
- Chel wong (“How To Make Money As A Freelance Writer”)
Melbourne International Games Week 2021 is scheduled for October 2-10 and also includes the Australian Game Developer Awards (AGDA), the three-day Games 4 Change, PAX AUS Online and the Melbourne Queer Games Festival 2021.
This article may contain affiliate links, which means we might earn a small commission if you click and make a purchase. Stevivor is an independent media outlet and our journalism is in no way influenced by any advertiser or commercial initiative.